Founded in 2012, CirrusMD is the nation's leading Virtual Care Platform that empowers efficient and more meaningful connections between patients and their healthcare providers.
Our on-demand Virtual Care Platform gives healthcare payers, health systems and providers an immediate way to cultivate new patient relationships, improve patient access, and build loyalty. CirrusMD also allows healthcare consumers to access local physicians any time they have a health concern without having to leave home. We believe efficient communication is what ultimately leads to better patient outcomes. When patients talk to local providers in real time, care improves. And we think it’s high time a virtual care platform made delivering the right care at the right time as convenient and cost-effective as possible.
At CirrusMD, better health gets a head start.
The VP/Director of Payer Business Development will lead the company’s payer strategy that result in the successful sale of CirrusMD’s solutions to payers. The VP/Director is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with Executive/C-level suite, clinicians, operations, innovation, telemedicine, and marketing leadership and other key stakeholders. This role is ideal for entrepreneurial individuals who have significant experience in developing strategy and selling into a complex payer environment. Candidates must possess a successful track record of selling to payers at the executive level, developing strategy, growing a business, and influencing decision makers.
- Develop and maintain payer strategy and territory plan;
- Lead payer focused sales team;
- Segment, prospect, and build new business with payers within an assigned territory;
- Build relationships by meeting with senior executives to effectively position CirrusMD’s value;
- Negotiate partnerships and contracts with senior management;
- Successfully work independently and as part of a professional team;
- Understand clients’ business objectives and vision; sharing those objectives with the CirrusMD team;
- Deep understanding of CirrusMD’s solution, how it is implemented and intended to be used by the client;
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the sales process and product and service value propositions;
- Technically astute to manage IT and other product related discussions;
- Provide market feedback to the product and marketing teams for future product development; and
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company initiatives, value-base health care transformation, virtual care environment, and competitors.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Must possess a minimum of five years successful selling experience to payers; healthcare services strongly preferred
Must have significant experience in the following areas:
- Previous payer sales experience;
- Executive level sales experience;
- Strong listening and communication skills;
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills;
- Well organized and pays attention to details;
- Ability to conduct board room presentations and facilitate group discussions;
- Ability to conduct engaging product demonstrations; and
- Enjoy traveling domestically up to 50%.
- Knowledge of the changing selling environment and related regulatory and legislative requirements;
- Experience in an entrepreneurial setting;
- Successful selling experience to healthcare payers;
- Previous sales management experience;
- Strong ability to position solutions and adjust messaging to meet prospect needs;
- Demonstrated track record of accomplishments in consultative solution sales in health care;
- Ability to communicate and influence at the C-level of client organizations;
- Understand clinical workflow within hospital and ambulatory environments;
- Working knowledge of SalesForce.com; and
- Ability to leverage industry contacts to provide warm sales leads.
Qualities and Characteristics
- Positive attitude and comfort with ambiguity;
- Willingness to “roll up your sleeves”;
- Bias toward action, with a can-do approach to shifting priorities in a constantly changing marketplace;
- Has the instinct to walk away from deals that will never close;
- Entrepreneurial; enjoy small company environment; and
- Has experienced an early stage company and wants to do it again.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org