Even in ideal conditions, the wait time for a Teladoc telemedicine appointment can be long. Which is why phrases like “Teladoc wait time” generate hundreds of Google searches per month.
Layer on a COVID-19 surge like we we witnessed with the Omicron variant, and that wait time can soar even higher.
According to Teladoc's own website “...average call back time is usually less than thirty minutes.” At the upper end of that range, this means that patient wait times can be up to 30x longer using Teladoc versus CirrusMD. And that difference doesn't factor in the extended wait times that Teladoc patients will experience during periods of peak demand such as a COVID-19 spike; periods that will exceed the thirty minute average.
And another thing
Another important point that often doesn't get factored into Teladoc wait times are the upfront tasks patients must complete to even schedule a telemedicine consultation. It's a 7-step process!
- Log in to your account on your smartphone or tablet, and enable push notifications so that you can receive visit alerts and reminders about upcoming visits.
- Select Request a Visit, and tap on the family member who needs help.
- Select Video Call. The next screen will give you an estimated wait time so that you can decide the time for your visit. (Tip: You can schedule an appointment up to two days in advance.)
- Provide your primary phone number, the cell number where you want to receive text notifications (this is an optional step), and your email address. (These fields may be pre-populated with information from your profile, so all you have to do is confirm it.)
- Answer a few quick questions about the reason for your visit, and upload up to three images of your condition if necessary.
- Choose a pharmacy in case the Teladoc doctor needs to prescribe medication for you.
- Review your information and select Confirm.
To request a consult, patients just log-in to our web or mobile app and begin receiving medical care in less than a minute.
Every physician consultation on CirrusMD begins via text message — the go-to mode of communication for most Americans — and can seamlessly transition to video or audio if the encounter requires.
See how quick and easy it is to initiate a virtual doctor visit with CirrusMD.
Our provider network is comprised of urgent care, primary care, and mental health physicians, and other specialists who provide whole person care across a range of medical issues including:
CirrusMD's board-certified physicians can perform a wide range of functions including ordering lab work, writing prescriptions and processing refills.
CirrusMD is a different kind of telemedicine company. In less than a minute, patients reach a licensed physician via our web or mobile app, then conduct a care encounter at their pace and convenience. CirrusMD’s integrated, quality care is delivered via U.S. board-certified doctors who can treat a broad range of healthcare conditions, from acute to chronic, and from primary care to specialty areas, including mental health. CirrusMD is available to nearly 10 million users across all 50 states, and exclusively offered through employers and health plans.
What is CirrusMD’s ER diversion rate?
CirrusMD resolves 82% of cases on the platform. This means fewer urgent care, primary care, and ER visits, resulting in typical cost savings of $398 per encounter. One of our existing customers is showing 23% diversion from Urgent Care and 8% diversion from Emergency Rooms.
What kind of utilization rates do CirrusMD customers experience?
CirrusMD customers have attained an average utilization rate of 18%.
What is the average satisfaction rate for CirrusMD?
93% of employees who have used CirrusMD report high satisfaction rates, with a Net Promoter Score of 80.
What is the average savings per encounter for employers and health plans using CirrusMD?